Diploma of Accounting
This qualification reflects professional accounting job roles in financial services and other industries, including tax agents, accounts payable and accounts receivable officers, payroll service providers, and employees performing a range of accounting tasks for organisations in a range of industries. Individuals in these roles apply solutions to a range of often complex problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They apply initiative to plan, coordinate and evaluate their own work and provide guidance to others within defined guidelines.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification considerations
Work functions in the occupational areas where this qualification may be used are subject to regulatory requirements. Refer to the FNS Financial Services Training Package Companion Volume Implementation Guide or the relevant regulator for specific guidance on requirements.
This qualification includes units that comprise an approved Tax Practitioner Board (TPB) course in Australian taxation law and commercial law, which are relevant for registration as a tax agent. Persons seeking registration with the TPB should check current registration requirements with the TPB, as registration requirements are reviewed regularly.
Completion of the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set or Completion of FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping or equivalent; or its superseded versions (FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting) or their equivalent.
Course Code : FNS50217
CRICOS Provider : 106043H
Course Title : Diploma of Accounting
Course Duration : 70 Weeks
Delivery Method : Face to Face / Online
Assessments : Assessment will occur through a variety of methods including projects, incorporating role-plays, case studies and short answer questions
Unit of Competency
- FNSACC511 Provide financial and business performance information
- FNSACC512 Prepare tax documentation for individuals
- FNSACC513 Manage budgets and forecasts
- FNSACC514 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
- FNSACC516 Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- FNSACC517 Provide management accounting information
- FNSACC601 Prepare and administer tax documentation for legal entities
- FNSTPB503 Apply legal principles in consumer and contract law
- FNSTPB504 Apply legal principles in corporations and trust law
- FNSTPB505 Apply legal principles in property law
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
The course fee is inclusive of the following items
- The learning resources
- Support Services
- Certificate and Statement of Attainment (does not include replacement certificates)