Diploma of Accounting
This qualification reflects accounting job roles in financial services and other industries, including tax agents, accounts payable and accounts receivable officers, payroll service providers, and employees performing a range of accounting tasks for organisations in a range of industries. Individuals in these roles apply solutions to a range of often complex problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They apply initiative to plan, coordinate and evaluate their own work and provide guidance to others within defined guidelines.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification considerations
Work functions in the occupational areas where this qualification may be used are subject to regulatory requirements. Refer to the relevant regulator for specific guidance on requirements.
This qualification includes units that comprise an approved Tax Practitioner Board (TPB) course in Australian taxation law and commercial law, which are relevant for registration as a tax agent. Persons seeking registration with the TPB should check current registration requirements with the TPB, as registration requirements are reviewed regularly.
Prior to commencing this qualification an individual must have completed the following units of competency (or equivalent).
- FNSACC321 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC322 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC418 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC421 Prepare financial reports (this unit is the equivalent version of BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports).
These competencies may have been achieved through completion of the following (or their equivalent):
- FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set
- FNS40222 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
Course Code : FNS50222
CRICOS Provider : 111027K
Course Title : Diploma of Accounting
Course Duration : 70 Weeks
Delivery Method : Face to Face
Assessments : Assessment will occur through a variety of methods including projects, incorporating role-plays, case studies and short answer questions
- Completion of the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set or Completion of FNS40222 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping or equivalent;
- or its superseded versions FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping
- or FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting or their equivalent.
- Student must be at least 18 years old;
- Have completed at least the equivalent of Year 12;
- Are able to demonstrate a level of language, learning and numeracy skills suitable to this course (test to be administered by Centennial College includes Language Literacy and Numeracy Assessment and face-to-face/phone interview); or
- are able to provide evidence of an IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent (test results must be no more than 2 years old) OR be able to provide any of the following evidence of English language competence
- that they were educated for 5 years in an English speaking country
- that they have successfully completed the College’s Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment followed by an interview
- that they have successfully completed their Year 12 or equivalent in English language
Unit of Competency
- BSBTEC402 Design and produce complex spreadsheets
- FNSACC521 Provide financial and business performance information
- FNSACC522 Prepare tax documentation for individuals
- FNSACC523 Manage budgets and forecasts
- FNSACC524 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
- FNSACC526 Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- FNSACC527 Provide management accounting information
- FNSACC601 Prepare and administer tax documentation for legal entities
- FNSTPB503 Apply legal principles in contract and consumer law
- FNSTPB504 Apply legal principles in corporations and trust law
- FNSTPB505 Apply legal principles in property law
The course fee is inclusive of the following items
- The learning resources
- Support Services
- Certificate and Statement of Attainment (does not include replacement certificates)
Tuition $AU 9,000.00
Non-Tuition Fee $AU 450.00
Estimates Total Cost $AU 9,450.00