in Accounting & Bookkeeping
This qualification reflects the job roles of workers in the accounting industry, including BAS Agents and contract bookkeepers and of those employees performing bookkeeping tasks for organisations in a range of industries. It includes preparing and lodging business and instalment activity statements, and providing advice or dealing with the Commissioner on behalf of a taxpayer in relation to activity statements. Individuals in these roles apply theoretical and specialist knowledge and skills to work autonomously, and exercise judgement in completing routine and non-routine activities.
Licensing / Regulatory Information
Work functions in the occupational areas where this qualification may be used are subject to regulatory requirements.
Refer to the FNS Financial Services Training Package Companion Volume Implementation Guide or the relevant regulator for specific guidance on requirements.
Persons providing a business activity statement (BAS) service for a fee or other reward must be registered by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) and this qualification is currently cited as meeting the TPB education requirements for registration. Other conditions apply, including a designated period of experience. Persons seeking BAS agent registration should check current registration requirements with the TPB, as registration requirements are reviewed regularly.
Student who complete this course may wish to continue their education in courses such as:
- FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting
Course Code : FNS40217
CRICOS Provider : 106042J
Course Title : Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
Course Duration : 83 Weeks
Delivery Method : Face to Face / Online
Assessments : Assessment will occur through a variety of methods including projects, incorporating role-plays, case studies and short answer questions.
Unit of Competency
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- BSBSMB412 Introduce cloud computing into business operations
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems
- FNSACC411 Process business tax requirements
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- FNSACC412 Prepare operational budgets
- FNSACC407 Produce job costing information
- FNSACC313 Perform financial calculations
The course fee is inclusive of the following items
- The learning resources
- Support Services
- Certificate and Statement of Attainment (does not include replacement certificates)