Certificate III in Business
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles.
It is likely that these individuals are establishing their own work performance.
Individuals in these roles carry out a range of routine procedural, clerical, administrative or operational tasks that
require technology and business skills. They apply a broad range of competencies using some discretion,
judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
Licensing / Regulatory Information
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Students who gain this qualification can further their study in a range of other Certificate IV qualifications.
Job roles and titles relevant to this qualification may differ between industry sectors but may include:
Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Data Entry Operator
Junior Personal Assistant
Office Administration Assistant
Word Processing Operator
Course Code : BSB30120
CRICOS Provider : 106551K
Course Title : Certificate III in Business
Course Duration : 52 Weeks
Delivery Method : Face to Face / Online
Assessments : Assessment will occur through a variety of methods including projects, incorporating role-plays, case studies and short answer questions.
- Student must be at least 18 years old;
- Successful completion of Australian Year 11 or equivalent at minimum;
- Are able to demonstrate a level of language, learning and numeracy skills suitable to this course (test to be administered by Centennial College includes written assessment and face-to-face/phone interview); or
- are able to provide evidence of an IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent (test results must be no more than 2 years old) OR be able to provide any of the following evidence of English language competence
- that they were educated for 5 years in an English speaking country
- that they have successfully completed the College English Placement Test
- that they have successfully completed their Year 12 or equivalent in English language
Unit of Competency
- BSBCRT311 Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment
- BSBCRT412 Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBESB401 Research and develop business
- BSBOPS304 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBPEF201 Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
- BSBPEF202 Plan and apply time management
- BSBPMG430 Undertake project work
- BSBSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBTEC201 Use business software applications
- BSBTEC202 Use digital technologies to communicate in a work environment
- BSBTWK301 Use inclusive work practices
- BSBWHS311 Assist with maintaining workplace safety
- BSBXCM301 Engage in workplace communication
The course fee is inclusive of the following items
- The learning resources
- Support Services
- Certificate and Statement of Attainment (does not include replacement certificates)