Advanced Diploma of
Leadership & Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply specialised knowledge and skills,
together with experience in Leadership and Management, across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level use initiative and judgement to plan and implement a range of Leadership and
Management functions, with accountability for personal and team outcomes within broad parameters.
They use cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources and transfer their knowledge to others, and creative or conceptual skills to express ideas and perspectives or respond to complex problems.
Licensing / Regulatory Information
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Course Code : BSB60420
CRICOS Provider : 106044G
Course Title : Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
Course Duration : 65 Weeks
Delivery Method : Face to Face / Online
Assessments : Assessment will occur through a variety of methods including projects, incorporating role-plays, case studies and short answer questions.
Entry to this qualification is limited to those who:
Have completed a Diploma or Advanced Diploma from the BSB Training Package (current or superseded equivalent versions).
Have two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in an operational or leadership role in an enterprise.
- Student must be at least 18 years old;
- Have completed at least the equivalent of Year 12;
- Are able to demonstrate a level of language, learning and numeracy skills suitable to this course (test to be administered by Centennial College includes written assessment and face-to-face/phone interview); or
- are able to provide evidence of an IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent (test results must be no more than 2 years old) OR
be able to provide any of the following evidence of English language competence
- that they were educated for 5 years in an English speaking country
- that they have successfully completed the College English Placement Test
- that they have successfully completed their Year 12 or equivalent in English language
Unit of Competency
Total number of units = 10
5 core units plus
5 elective units, of which:
3 elective units must be selected from the elective units listed below
for the remaining 2 elective units:
up to 2 units may be selected from the elective units listed below
if not listed, up to 2 units may be selected from an Advanced Diploma or above, from this or any other currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment
and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- BSBCRT611 Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
- BSBLDR601 Lead and manage organisational change
- BSBLDR602 Provide leadership across the organisation
- BSBOPS601 Develop and implement business plans
- BSBSTR601 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- BSBSUS601 Lead corporate social responsibility
- BSBXCM501 Lead communication in the workplace
- BSBTEC601 Review organisational digital strategy
- BSBHRM614 Contribute to strategic workforce planning
- BSBFIN601 Manage organisational finances
The course fee is inclusive of the following items
- The learning resources
- Support Services
- Certificate and Statement of Attainment (does not include replacement certificates)